Updates and News
- April 30, 2021 – Scene Around Town from Cynthia Smoot – Katy Trail Weekly
- April 21, 2021 – More recovery possible with new home – White Rock Weekly
- April 16, 2021 – The Magdalen House Officially Put Out The Welcome Mat Thursday At Maggie’s House – My Sweet Charity
- April 16, 2021 – Magdalen House opens new $3.5 million treatment center in historic East Dallas home – Lakewood Advocate
- October 22, 2020 – Development Giant KDC Partners With Local Nonprofit to Build New Recovery Home – D Magazine
- November 11, 2019 – An East Dallas nonprofit is developing a new treatment center in a historic home – Lakewood Advocate
- November 11, 2019 – This Week’s Dallas-Fort Worth Deal Sheet – Bisnow
- November 8, 2019 – Developer KDC is building for an East Dallas nonprofit – The Dallas Morning News
February 2020 — March 2021
Thank you to Hector Patino, Steve Van Amburgh, and the entire KDC team, who gave so much of their time, talent, and love to this project. Thank you to John Hampton, Tip Housewright, and everyone at OMNIPLAN, who has given countless hours over the last few years.
Thank you to Barry Buford and the entire BufordHawthorne construction team for building a facility that will last for the next 33 years and beyond. Thank you to Dave Kroencke for your dedication to this project from the moment this idea was conceived back in 2014.
Thank you to the Epperson Family Foundation for providing the seed money to begin this project and Sandra Harper Hallmark and Delia Johnson of The David M. Crowley Foundation for providing the money to purchase the land that this house sits on.
Thank you to our interior designer Christian Walker for making this special house feel like home.
And to the hundreds of others whose names would fill pages because of their generosity, thank you.
Constantin Foundation, Inc., David M. Crowley Foundation, The Epperson Family Foundation, Hanley Family Foundation, Hillcrest Foundation, Hoblitzelle Foundation, The Hoglund Foundation, The J.E. and L.E. Mabee Foundation, Lowden Family Foundation, The Meadows Foundation, The Moozie Foundation, The Rees-Jones Foundation, Renah Blair Rietzke Family and Community Foundation, The Robert R. and Kay M. Onstead Foundation, Rowling Foundation, Sapphire Foundation, Simmons Sisters Fund, Thornton Family Foundation, The William and Phyllis Snyder Foundation, William and Susan Raglund Fund