The mission of The Magdalen House is to help women achieve sobriety and sustain recovery from alcoholism at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles.
The vision of The Magdalen House is to build a thriving community of recovered women and their families — one woman at a time.
The Magdalen House is a nonprofit organization helping women achieve sobriety and sustain recovery from alcoholism at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles. Founded in Dallas in 1987, The Magdalen House remains the only agency in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to offer comprehensive recovery services – without insurance or state funding – 100% free of charge.
We are committed to helping alcoholic women achieve long-term, sustainable recovery through spiritually based, comprehensive programming. We present the simple problem of alcoholism, along with a practical application of the solution.
- Social Detox program: A two-week residential program for an alcoholic woman who wants to stop drinking but cannot. She is provided with the education and resources to establish sobriety and build a foundation of recovery in a safe and supportive environment.
- Next Step program: A three-phase (approx. three-month), non-residential program for an alcoholic woman at any stage of recovery. She is provided with support and structure to sustain her sobriety while growing in her recovery from alcoholism.
- Meetings and Fellowship: Solution-focused classes, meetings, and workshops are provided seven days a week, 365 days a year. These are open to any alcoholic woman, at any stage of recovery. We also have dedicated volunteers who provide Family Support to families and loved ones of alcoholics and addicts.
- Resources and Education: Building partnerships in our community to connect alcoholic women and their families to resources that include sober living, counseling, women’s health, and more while educating our community on alcoholism.
- We focus on providing a safe, supportive environment for women to recover from alcoholism.
- A recovered alcoholic woman is uniquely qualified to help another woman still struggling with alcoholism.
- We believe that every alcoholic woman, regardless of her resources, deserves the opportunity to recover.
- We are 100% privately funded – we don’t accept government funding or require insurance.
CONTINUUM OF RECOVERY
- Our programs are offered year-round to women at every stage of recovery, supporting a lifetime of sustainable recovery.
- Our broad spectrum of recovery programs includes Social Detox, Next Step, Meetings, Family Support, and more.
The Magdalen House was founded in Dallas, Texas in 1987 by four female alcoholics. These women saw a vital need: a safe place in North Texas for an alcoholic woman with no money and no insurance to get help. After visiting a facility in Houston that was providing a safe place for women to detox from alcohol at no cost, they wanted to offer a similar experience for women in North Texas. Within months, The Magdalen House was born. What was once the dream of our founders has become a reality: a flourishing recovery community for women and their families. Read More
1 IN 11 WOMEN IN THE U.S. IS AN ALCOHOLIC
There are an estimated 251,364 alcoholic women located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, alone.