Our Mission, Team, and Financials
The mission of The Magdalen House is to help individuals with alcoholism achieve sobriety and sustain recovery at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles.
The vision of The Magdalen House is to build a thriving community of people in recovery from alcoholism and their families, one person at a time.
Founded in Dallas in 1987, The Magdalen House remains the only agency in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to offer comprehensive recovery services – without insurance or state funding – 100% free of charge.
We are committed to helping alcoholic women and men achieve long-term, sustainable recovery through spiritually based, comprehensive programming. We present the simple problem of alcoholism, along with a practical application of the solution.
For Women and Men
- First Step program: A two-week, residential program for an individual with alcoholism who wants to stop drinking but cannot. They are provided with the education and resources to achieve sobriety and build a foundation of recovery.
- Next Step program: A three-phase, nonresidential program for an individual with alcoholism at any stage of recovery. They are provided with structure and education to sustain recovery while growing in knowledge of 12-Step spiritual principles.
- Community: Solution-focused classes and workshops are provided for women and men with alcoholism at every stage of recovery, 365 days a year. We also have dedicated volunteers who provide Family Support to families and loved ones of alcoholics.
- Resources and Education: Community partnerships help us connect alcoholic women, men, and their families to resources that include sober living, counseling, and health. At the same time, education initiatives allow us to reach and serve more individuals with alcoholism.
Every person at The Magdalen House has a heart for giving back and helping others. From our board to our staff coordinators, every person brings a level of expertise that helps make the services offered at Maggie’s even more unique.
GENDER SPECIFIC FACILITIES
- We provide a safe, supportive, and inclusive environment for alcoholic women and men in gender specific facilities.
Our community of recovered alcoholics is uniquely qualified to guide and equip newly sober individuals to find a solution.
We believe that every alcoholic, regardless of their resources, deserves the opportunity to recover at no cost.
- We are 100% privately funded – we don’t accept government funding or insurance.
CONTINUUM OF RECOVERY
- Our programs are offered year-round to women and men at every stage of sobriety, supporting a lifetime of recovery.
- Our broad spectrum of recovery programs includes First Step, Next Step, Recovery Meetings, Family Support, and more.
We are proud to offer no-cost services to individuals with alcoholism searching for freedom and clarity through recovery.
Below you’ll find links to critical reports that allow us to operate with transparency, just as our community operates with transparency in their life-saving recovery.