The mission of The Magdalen House is to help women achieve sobriety and sustain recovery from alcoholism at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles.
The vision of The Magdalen House is to build a thriving community of recovered women and their families — one woman at a time.
The Magdalen House is a non-profit organization helping women achieve sobriety and sustain recovery from alcoholism at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles. Founded in Dallas in 1987, The Magdalen House remains the only agency in the Dallas-Fort Worth area to offer comprehensive recovery services – without insurance or state funding – 100% free of charge.
We offer crisis intervention through a two-week, in-house Social Detox Program, alongside continued care through a Peer Recovery Program. One serves women in crisis, while the other is available to any alcoholic woman at any stage of her recovery. This creates a recovery community grounded in the idea that together, we can accomplish what we cannot do alone.
After 32 years, we continue to play a vital role in changing the lives of thousands of alcoholic women and their families. The Magdalen House is wholly privately funded – accepting no government monies – with a vision to build a thriving community of recovered women and their families, one woman at a time.
The Magdalen House was founded in Dallas, Texas in 1987 by four female alcoholics. These women saw a vital need: a safe place in North Texas for an alcoholic woman with no money and no insurance to get help. After visiting a facility in Houston that was providing a safe place for women to detox from alcohol at no cost, they wanted to offer a similar experience for women in North Texas. Within months, The Magdalen House was born. What was once the dream of our founders has become a reality: a flourishing recovery community for women and their families.
- We focus on providing a safe, supportive environment for women to recover from alcoholism.
- A recovered alcoholic woman is uniquely qualified to help another woman still struggling with alcoholism.
- We believe that every alcoholic woman, regardless of her resources, deserves the opportunity to recover.
- We are 100% privately funded – we don’t accept government funding or require insurance.
CONTINUUM OF RECOVERY
- Our programs are offered year-round to women at every stage of recovery, supporting a lifetime of sustainable recovery.
- Our broad spectrum of recovery programs includes Social Detox, Next Step, Meetings, Family Support, and more.
1 IN 11 WOMEN IN THE U.S. IS AN ALCOHOLIC
There are an estimated 251,364 alcoholic women located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, alone.