- November 11, 2019 – An East Dallas nonprofit is developing a new treatment center in a historic home – Lakewood Advocate
- November 11, 2019 – This Week’s Dallas-Fort Worth Deal Sheet – Bisnow
- November 8, 2019 – Developer KDC is building for an East Dallas nonprofit – The Dallas Morning News
- November 8, 2019 – First lady inspires support for recovery – White Rock Weekly, Vol. 11, No. 23 (pg.2)
- October 30, 2019 – Laura Bush lends her voice for vital Dallas charity’s record-breaking night – CultureMap Dallas
- October 24, 2019 – The Magdalen House’s “Leave a Legacy Dinner” Had Laura Bush and A Big Announcement On The Program – MySweetCharity
- October 22, 2019 – Data Sets up Nonprofit’s Sobriety Program for Long-term Success – 3BL Media
- June 6, 2019 – Charity Spotlight: The Magdalen House – Katy Trail Weekly
- May 23, 2019 – Nancy And Jack Zogg And The David M. Crowley Foundation To Be Honored At Leave A Legacy Dinner – MySweetCharity
- May 10, 2019 – Bush lends support to alcoholic women – White Rock Lake Weekly
- May 9, 2019 – Former First Lady and Preston Hollow neighbor Laura Bush to speak at The Magdalen House’s fundraiser – Preston Hollow Advocate
- May 4, 2019 – Leave a Legacy Keynote Speaker: Laura Bush – ParkCitiesPeople
- May 4, 2019 – Former First Lady Laura Bush to Serve as Keynote Speaker at 2019 Leave a Legacy Dinner – PrestonHollowPeople
- May 3, 2019 – Former First Lady Laura Bush to speak at East Dallas fundraiser – Lakewood Advocate
- August 16, 2018 – Help is just a house away for women in need – White Rock Lake Weekly
- August 9, 2018 – Maggie’s House staffer: “Alcoholism is the best thing that ever happened to me” – Lakewood Advocate
- July 12, 2018 – Ben E. Keith supports Maggie’s mission – White Rock Lake Weekly
- May 25, 2018 – Vargas ready to inspire women in recovery – White Rock Lake Weekly
- May 25, 2018 – Former “20/20” Anchor Elizabeth Vargas to speak at The Magdalen House’s “Leave A Legacy” Fundraiser – MySweetCharity
- February 1, 2009 – The Magdalen House – Lakewood Advocate
Mrs. Laura Bush and Announcement About The Magdalen House’s New Facility Mark Milestones
The Leave a Legacy Dinner was the Largest Fundraising Event in The Magdalen House’s 32-Year History
Dallas, TX (October 29, 2019) – The Magdalen House’s Leave a Legacy Dinner with Former First Lady of the United States Mrs. Laura Bush was not only the largest fundraising event in the agency’s 32-year history, but it was the first public announcement of the organization’s $3.2M Legacy of Hope Capital Campaign – seeking funding for a new facility on Gaston Ave. Read more.
Former First Lady of the United States, Laura Bush, to serve as Keynote Speaker at 2019 Leave a Legacy Dinner
Fundraising Event Raises Awareness of The Magdalen House Free Programs for Alcoholic Women
Dallas, TX (May 2, 2019) – The Magdalen House is honored to host former First Lady of the United States Mrs. Laura Bush at the 2019 Leave a Legacy Dinner, presented by Ben E. Keith Company Foundation. The dinner, held on October 3, 2019 at The Hall on Dragon in the Dallas Design District, will celebrate life, recovery, and freedom from alcoholism for both women and their families in North Texas. Read more.
THE OTHER SIDE
Learn what it’s like to be on the other side – recovered from alcoholism.
PEER RECOVERY PROGRAM TESTIMONIAL
Watch The Montgomery Family’s story and learn how TMH provided hope and recovery.
ELIZABETH VARGAS – 2018 LEAVE A LEGACY
Watch our 2018 Leave a Legacy Event Keynote Speaker, Elizabeth Vargas, share her journey to recovery from alcoholism.
2nd Annual Leave a Legacy Dinner
October 11, 2018
On October 11, 2018, The Magdalen House celebrated 31 years of helping alcoholic women achieve sobriety and sustain recovery from alcoholism at no cost and based on 12-Step spiritual principles. Elizabeth Vargas, award-winning anchor and correspondent and author of Between Breaths – A Memoir of Panic and Addiction, was our keynote speaker. For more event photos, please check out our blog post here.
2018 Volunteer Appreciation Brunch
April 7, 2018
On Saturday, April 7th, The Magdalen House honored our top 25 volunteers for their efforts and endless dedication to the agency. For the full roll of pictures, check out our blog post here.
Inaugural Leave a Legacy Dinner
October 5, 2017
On October 5, 2017, The Magdalen House celebrated their 30th Anniversary with its inaugural Leave a Legacy dinner featuring New York Time’s Best-Selling Author Sarah Hepola. For a full view of the pictures, check out our blog post here.
Check Out Our Blog
View our blog for continued updates on what Maggie’s House has been up to.
Why The Magdalen House?
Peer Implemented Programming
251,364 ALCOHOLIC WOMEN IN DALLAS-FORT WORTH
An estimated 251,364 alcoholic women are located in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.