At Maggie’s, we believe that when a woman like Sandra gets sober and recovers from alcoholism, she creates a positive change not just in her own life, but in the lives of those around her. That is why The Magdalen House staff, board, and volunteers are driven to build a thriving community of recovered women and their families, one woman at a time. And it’s why your support for The Magdalen House on North Texas Giving Day is so important.
For every eleven women you encounter, it is estimated that one of those women is an alcoholic. Think about all the women in your life – moms, sisters, neighbors, friends, wives of friends, coworkers – there’s a chance that you know more than a few alcoholics. And with an estimated 251,364 alcoholic women in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex, there’s no doubt that you interact with at least one alcoholic woman on a daily basis.
One Day, One Community, One Woman at a Time
On one day, one community can come together to help one woman at a time.
We invite you to Get Up and Give for North Texas Giving Day on Thursday, September 19th, and donate to The Magdalen House in honor of one alcoholic woman in your life.
- $5: can provide one woman with coffee
- $10: can provide one woman with a “Big Book”
- $100: can provide one woman with a day in our Social Detox Program
- $1500: can provide one woman with a full, two-week stay in our Social Detox Program
Bookmark The Magdalen House profile for North Texas Giving Day! Prescheduled giving opens Monday, September 9th (more details coming soon).
What is North Texas Giving Day?
North Texas Giving Day is is an 18-hour online giving extravaganza is designed to empower every person in our community to give back by supporting local nonprofits and causes they care about in one easy-to-use platform.
Last year, Communities Foundation of Texas brought together 2,700 local nonprofits like The Magdalen House, raising over $48 million for our region.
Support for The Magdalen House on North Texas Giving Day last year was incredible! We were blown away by all of the awareness and financial support we received. Not to mention the 167 donors, plus generous matching donors, that gave $50,000+ to provide free recovery services, without compromising the quality of care, to alcoholic women in our community.
How can I support The Magdalen House on North Texas Giving Day?
Here’s what you can do to support The Magdalen House on North Texas Giving Day– remember, there is no gift or action too small:
- Get up and give on September 19th – On September 19th, visit NorthTexasGivingDay.org between 6am and midnight, search “The Magdalen House” and make a donation.
NOTE: You can schedule your donation starting September 9th – more details to come.
- Spread the word – Share this blog: via email, text, or on Facebook (be sure to use #TheMagdalenHouse and #NTxGivingDay). Reach out to the people around you and invite them to get up and give to support The Magdalen House on North Texas Giving Day.
- Start a FUNdraiser – Click “FUNDRAISE” on The Magdalen House’s North Texas Giving Day profile and follow steps to create a personalized fundraising page that you can share with your friends and loved ones.
- Tell us why you give – Drop us a note on our Contact Form and let us know why you donate to The Magdalen House. We want to hear how Maggie’s has positively influenced your life.
Thank you for your support!