“Get rigorously honest.”
– Michelle Hope, Volunteer in recovery since April 8, 2013
Michelle found The Magdalen House a few years into her sobriety when her sponsor introduced her to The Magdalen House, and she’s been involved ever since! Michelle has been a volunteer for The Magdalen House for nearly four years, serving over 207 hours – an amount valued at $5,907.
Michelle’s meetings are every other Saturday at 2:30 pm and focused on Steps 10, 11, and 12. She alternates with Angela Davis.
1. What is your favorite line in the Big Book, and why?
“God will constantly disclose more to you and to us.” – Page 164
For me, this gives me hope. That life will continue to grow with God’s strength & direction.
2. What has been the most significant gift to you in your Recovery?
My relationship with God and my Mother.
3. What would you say to women who are new to recovery?
Get rigorously honest.
4. What is your life like today?
I wake up feeling great every day and ready to take on the world.
5. What are some of your hobbies or things that you enjoy in your free time?
Reading and DIY home improvements.