Look, it doesn’t matter if you’re single or taken this Valentine’s Day because there’s something better: special gals in your life. This Galentine’s Day, The Magdalen House invites you to shower your female friends with even more love than you usually do!
Celebrate Galentine’s Day
- Grab a Galentine’s Card: Maggie’s Galentine’s cards include a sweet treat and can be picked up from the Front Desk Admin for any special gal in your life. The cards are not for sale, but we respectfully request a $2 donation per card. Available while supplies last.
- Get to the Galentine’s Party: Come to our Galentine’s Day Party on Friday, February 14th from 5:30 – 6:30pm for sodas and snacks and to exchange cards with your friends.
- Gush on a Galentine: Send us an email with a few sentences explaining why one of your gal pals is special and we will post it to the MWG Facebook group.
How Do I Grab a Galentine’s Card?
- Stop by The Magdalen House anytime between now and Feb. 14 (while supplies last)
- Find our friendly Front Desk Admin and let her know you’d like to get a Galentine
- Drop your cash donation in the Galentine’s box, or text GIVEGALENTINES to 44321 to make a donation via credit or debit card
What is Galentine’s Day?
Galentine’s Day is not an official holiday – it was actually started thanks to a 2010 episode of “Parks and Recreation” where “Leslie” arranges a waffles breakfast and provides gifts for her most special friends the day before Valentine’s Day. “Galentine’s Day” is technically celebrated on February 13th, the day before Valentine’s and is a similar idea to “Friendsgiving” that you may participate in in November.