By Taylor Stokes, Volunteer Program Coordinator
Right now, we all have something we can’t wait to get back to, and for us (especially me), one of those things is seeing our incredible volunteers. There’s just something beautiful about seeing women in recovery show up day after day, week after week to give back to The Magdalen House. Not only are they so essential to our organization, but we get a front-row seat to witnessing God working in their recovery.
With April being Volunteer Appreciation Month and our annual Volunteer Luncheon, we would generally be looking forward to celebrating our Top 25 Volunteers of 2019 in person. Instead, we’re doing things a little different this year (don’t worry, ladies, we will be rescheduling our luncheon), and we can’t wait to show you what’s in store.
In the meantime, we’d like to take some time to honor some of the women we had the great pleasure of working alongside in 2019.
Fun Facts About Time Donated By Our Top 25 Volunteers of 2019
- These 25 women served a total of 8,793.5 hours.
- The number of hours they donated is equal to ~366 days, or one year and one day.
- Each hour that they donate is worth $25.43 an hour.
- Together, their service hours amount to a total of $223,618.70 worth of time.
- This valuable time equals about the amount it costs for 150 women, or 40% of our admissions in 2019, to go through our 14-day Social Detox Program.
How incredible are our volunteers? This entire community is comprised of some of the strongest, most inspiring women we have ever had the pleasure of meeting. We could not do what we do without them. The Magdalen House is what it is because of these wonderful ladies. They keep our doors open for the next alcoholic woman in need, and for that, we couldn’t be more grateful.
Top 25 Volunteers of 2019
Thank you to everyone who gives their time serving the women in our programs. Thank you to all the volunteers that inspire us to keep moving forward. And a special thanks to the Top 25 Volunteers of 2019. Next time we see each other, we will embrace and smile and share gratitude for each other’s support and company. Thank you to these beautiful, strong women.
- Regina Burns – 984 hours
- Bridget Johns – 735 hours
- Mary Kate English – 727 hours
- Patty Watson – 718.5 hours
- Natalie Courie – 607 hours
- Dana Rivera – 441 hours
- Delaney Peel – 402 hours
- Betty La Four – 401.5 hours
- Brianna Walker – 398 hours
- Prudence Willis – 355 hours
- Brittany Arndt – 312.5 ours
- Sari Pogorzelski – 280 hours
- Sandra Looney – 265 hours
- Patrice Olootu – 253 hours
- Jessica Carpenter – 248 hours
- Callahan Hall – 245 hours
- Kourtnee Copeland – 211.5 hours
- Margo Cummings – 208.5 hours
- Cassandra Harris – 181 hours
- Tammie Rutledge – 154 hours
- Jessica Montoya – 143 hours
- Andrea Mayes – 142.5 hours
- Maggie Bates – 135 hours
- Nancy McMahon – 129 hours
- Taylor Baker – 116.5 hours